Sensory Nature Camp *Ages 3-6*
SUMMER CAMP 2022:
Here we go! Join us in July & August for our *outdoor* SENSORY NATURE CAMP at Little Explorers Early Learning Center in Ipswich, MA. This camp is a great opportunity to practice a drop-off experience in a warm and welcoming environment. Choose your week(s) and leave the rest to us. All four sessions will include a mixture of:
Fun with nature
STEAM (science, technology, arts, math)
& much more!
We will provide a small, healthy snack each day of camp.
Time: 10-12pm (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) *With an option to stay for lunch bunch- 1pm pick up-time*
Cost: $90/week (siblings 15% off) *Optional add-ons * $10/hour* (early drop off, lunch bunch, late pick up) Please email email@example.com if looking to sign up more than 2 children.
Location: Little Explorers Early Learning Center - Ipswich, Ma
- Please be aware that because this is a *drop-off* camp you will be asked to fill out an additional registration/emergency contact sheet. You will receive this form, along with a welcome letter (directions, CDC regulations, refund policy, etc.), within a few days of registering.
- Since our camp is being held at a child care center licensed through EEC, you will also be required to provide us with a copy of your child's up to date immunizations. This can be emailed or given to us on the first day.
WEEK 1: UNDER THE SEA (July 11th,12th,13th) Get ready to SPLASH into summer! Build a sandcastle, squish & squeeze ocean slime, paint with "sea bubbles", explore the touch tank, swim with the mermaids and sail with the pirates.
WEEK 2: MYTHICAL CRATURES (July 18th, 19th, 20th)- This week includes all things magical, mystical and whimsical. DIY potions at the mud kitchen, unicorn dough, make & take crafts at the art table, dragon slime, fairy/gnome gardens, magical treasures & more!
WEEK 3: IT'S A BUG'S LIFE (July 26th, 27th, 28th)- Ants and spiders, caterpillars and butterflies! So many BUGS, so little time. Build a bug hotel, mix & stir bug juice at the mud kitchen, make & take process art, colorful sensory bins & bug slime!
WEEK 4: DINOS & DIGGERS (August 2nd, 3rd, 4th)- ROAR into the Jurassic and find your inner paleontologist! Excavate fossils & gems, melt frozen dino eggs, make a DIY stream with rocks & sticks, erupt a volcano, explore dinosaur "goop" at the mud kitchen and STOMP through a prehistoric obstacle course!
ENROLLED FAMILIES ARE INVITED TO DROP-IN AT OUR JULY 8TH *MEET & GREET* ANYTIME BETWEEN 10-12PM. A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO ASK QUESTIONS, FILL OUT PAPERWORK, SEE OUR SPACE, GET COMFORTABLE & MEET NEW FRIENDS BEFORE CAMP STARTS THE FOLLOWING WEEK.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please send your child to camp with the following items: sunscreen, bug spray, a labeled water bottle, a change of clothes, rain jacket (if needed), a small towel.
- Dress for play! No open-toed shoes or flip flops, please.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- We want to ensure the safety of our children and their families.
- All toys/materials will be washed and sanitized before and after each class.
- Outdoors: Masks are not required.
- In the event of light rain or passing showers, all classes will continue as scheduled, providing the play area is safe for teachers & children. Parents should dress their child appropriately for the weather conditions every day. If weather conditions are unsafe (lighting, thunder, heavy rain), class will be CANCELLED. Please check your email AND social media (Facebook) for all weather-related delays/cancellations or early pick-up. There are NO refunds for weather related cancellations, however a themed, at-home project/sensory activity will be available to you.
- We understand life is unpredictable but there are NO refunds for missed days, early withdrawals from a session, or no shows (this includes all weather related, non-covid related illnesses & vacation).*
*In the event a camper cannot attend camp due to a covid-related illness or quarantine, the camper will receive a credit on our website for all unattended days.
A credit will also be provided if we cancel a class and/or session due to covid and/or other unforeseen emergency.
EEC RULES & REGULATIONS:
This sensory nature camp is under EEC license and will take place outside unless there are extreme and/or unsafe conditions (in which case class will be cancelled). See cancellation policy above.
We must also require campers to be up to date on all required immunizations. We will ask for an up to date physical and complete list immunizations to keep on file.